- 1 Best Credit Card for Travel Malaysia
- 2 What is a Travel Credit Card
- 3 How to Select the Best Travel Credit Card?
- 4 Best Credit Card in Malaysia for Travel
- 4.1 AmBank Visa Infinite
- 4.2 Standard Chartered WorldMiles Card
- 4.3 RHB Travel Money
- 4.4 American Express Platinum Credit Card
- 4.5 UOB PRVI Miles Visa Signature
- 4.6 Hong Leong MATTA Platinum Visa
- 4.7 HSBC Visa Signature
- 4.8 AirAsia-Citibank Platinum Visa
- 4.9 Maybankard World MasterCard
- 4.10 Citibank PremierMiles Visa Card
- 5 Which is the Best Travel Credit Cards in Malaysia
Best Travel Credit Card Malaysia: To travel more is one of the most common New Year’s resolutions. With our busy professional lives, we often fail to find time to travel. This new year have a new inspiration to travel with the best travel credit cards in Malaysia.
The expense of traveling is one of the reasons due which we generally keep postponing our vacations. But with the right travel credit card, you can avail amazing travel discounts, free flight tickets and a lot more.
Best Credit Card for Travel Malaysia
- Citibank PremierMiles Visa Card
- Maybankard World MasterCard
- AirAsia-Citibank Platinum Visa
- HSBC Visa Signature
- Hong Leong MATTA Platinum Visa
- UOB PRVI Miles Visa Signature
- American Express Platinum Credit Card
- RHB Travel Money
- Standard Chartered WorldMiles Card
- AmBank Visa Infinite
What is a Travel Credit Card
A travel credit card, also known as a travel-friendly credit card, generally comes with a host of travel-related benefits and offers. You earn reward points or air miles for travel and other spends on the credit card which can be redeemed for discounts on flight tickets, hotel bookings, free access to airport lounges, etc.
How to Select the Best Travel Credit Card?
While we have already done the backbreaking work of comparing the best travel credit cards for you, it is still important to know the important factors that you should consider when selecting one. Some of them include-
- Signup Bonus – One of the most amazing benefits of having a travel credit card is the signup bonus they come with. While many of the cards offer bonus just for signup, other require you to spend a particular amount within a fixed timeframe to avail the bonus.
- APR- Make sure that the APR of the credit card you select is not too high. It should be in line with the APR of other top travel credit cards.
- Air Miles/Reward Points- Check how many reward points or air miles you’ll get for spending a ringgit. Also, if you are already a member of a particular frequent flyer program, make sure that you pick a card that offers air miles for the same program to gain increased benefits.
Best Credit Card in Malaysia for Travel
AmBank Visa Infinite
The card helps you earn AmBonus Points for international airport services, air miles, travel accident insurance, etc. Moreover, there is no annual fee for this travel credit card.
Standard Chartered WorldMiles Card
The credit card can help you earn WorldMiles for retail spending. The collected miles can be converted into miles for Singapore Airlines, MAS, Air Asia or Air Miles.
RHB Travel Money
With this card, you can earn reward points for all your eligible spends. The collected points can be converted into KrisFlyer Miles and Enrich Miles.
American Express Platinum Credit Card
The credit card provides you complimentary travel insurance up to RM 1 million when you use the card for travel fares. Moreover, all the retail purchases will also be protected up to RM 20,000 for a product.
UOB PRVI Miles Visa Signature
With the PRVI Miles Visa Signature card, you get 5X reward points on all the eligible purchases overseas, like hotels, travel agencies, airlines, etc. You also get a Plaza Premium Lounge access once every month.
Hong Leong MATTA Platinum Visa
The card helps you earn 1 Reward Point for every RM 1 you spend with the card and 1% cashback for all your overseas spends. You also get complimentary travel insurance when you use the card for buying flight tickets.
HSBC Visa Signature
Earn 5X Reward Points when shopping from participating malls and 8X points at The Garden Mall and Mid Valley Megamall. Moreover, you can also earn 10X points when you use the credit card for overseas hotel bookings.
AirAsia-Citibank Platinum Visa
This card earns 3 AirAsia Points for every RM 1 that you spend locally or overseas for retail purchases. When traveling with AirAsia, you get additional benefits, like free class upgrades, seat selection and in-flight meals.
Maybankard World MasterCard
Number 2nd on the list is the World MasterCard from Maybankard. With this card, you get a bonus of 50,000 Treats AirMiles. You also earn 5X Treats AirMiles for every RM 2 spent locally or overseas.
Citibank PremierMiles Visa Card
Number one on the list is Citibank PremierMiles Visa Card. This card helps you earn 1 PremierMiles for every RM3 that you spend. It comes with complimentary travel insurance and unlimited access to selected international and national Plaza Premium Lounges.
Which is the Best Travel Credit Cards in Malaysia
As the benefits, offers, and terms of conditions are regularly updated by the card providers, make sure that you thoroughly go through all of it before picking a travel credit card in Malaysia.